PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Payments platform team last year supported an annual payment volume of double digit $$billion(s) globally and we are just getting started. We are re-inventing our payments platform to provide a seamless gaming and monetization experience in an industry that is seeing explosive growth and innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager who can own several key areas of our payments platform and help define an engineering vision and build this future state. As a Senior Engineering Manager you have a strong technical ability, outstanding communication skills and be an inspiration to your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast paced environment. You have a track record of building and leading strong teams of talented engineers and you enjoy working with smart people. You will own your services and be able to make tough product decisions that balance competing priorities.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and inspiring a dedicated team of Software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support best-in-class software services that are always available to provide the best gaming experience for our customers.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the Payments platform Team vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Leverage technical expertise and industry trends to influence software development best practices.
- Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Proven track record of building and leading high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and managing complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
- 10+ years of experience in Software development
- 5+ years as a Development Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with micro service architecture.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment.
- Experience building high performance, active-active, linearly scalable production services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, or C++, Web Services, REST, SQL/NoSQL data layers)
- Experience with Linux experience (RHEL or CentOS preferred)
- Strong object-oriented design and code review skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Managing engineering managers is nice to have
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.