PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation, Sony Interactive Entertainment (Aliso Viejo, CA)
Manager, Network Operations
Come build a team of network engineers to operate a global network that serves all of PlayStation! We are looking for a strong leader to develop and lead a network operations team in Orange County, CA in a follow the sun operations model. Your team will collaborate with teams in Berlin, Germany and Adelaide, Australia to ensure 24x7 operations. This individual will have the ability to be hands-on but have strong people management skills.
Your team will consist of Network Engineers that can lead projects, build new networks, contribute to automation (NetDevOps), and be fully independent in operating a complex global network.
- Work with the NetOps management to build a team of Network Engineers to Operate our network.
- Build an amazing team inline with PlayStation culture that will attract and retain top talent.
- Ensure daily operations, track work on projects, changes, and incidents.
- Ensure processes and procedures are followed.
- Collaborate with the rest of NetOps management to ensure consistency between staff globally.
- Develop a strong relationship with each engineer to ensure their overall health, happiness, and success at PlayStation.
- Support the professional goals and development opportunities for the engineering staff.
- Provide coaching through mentoring, training, and 1:1s.
- Contribute to the design and enhancement of the global backbone and data center infrastructures.
- Leverage and assist in the development of automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior engineers in interpreting and reacting to network events.
- Participate in an oncall rotation as a 3rd level.
- Leading teams of 4+ engineers.
- Experience with team building and mentoring engineers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc.)
- Familiarity with service provider IGP implementations.
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Comfortable with core backbone routers, layer 2 and layer 3 switches
- Capable of mentoring junior-level network engineers in all aspects of network design, operations and deployment.
- Leading a team of engineers in a global capacity.
- Working in a follow the sun model.
- Experience with Juniper MX, QFX and EX series platforms.
- Experience with ISIS
- Experience with BGP route dissemination in a global network environment.
- Familiarity with MPLS-TE
- Familiarity with IPV6
- Experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with optical media.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.