Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Cinematic Artist - Staging (Contract)
Come join the team that shipped the award-winning God of War! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for a seasoned cinematic artist to help us continue our cinematic legacy! This individual will contribute to creating cinematic content for Santa Monica Studio’s upcoming project.
As a team member, you will be working closely with the Director of Photography. You will need to have a strong grasp of visual storytelling, shot design and scene direction. This includes lighting and visual treatment. As an ideal candidate, you will also be comfortable with animation and camera operation.
- Work with the Director of Photography on: Script breakdown, staging and scene design
- Support the Director of Photography with both live action and 3D pre-vis
- Process and clean up camera data shot on stage
- Operate the virtual camera on the MoCap stage
- Expert in both Maya and Motion Builder
- Technical acumen – be comfortable learning and working in a game engine environment
- Proven understanding of cinematic language, camera moves and lens choices
- Background in photography or cinematography is a must
- Detail oriented and focused, able to study and memorize choreography
- Ability to accurately execute on a given visual style
- Skilled in conveying framing ideas and camera moves in rough paper form
- Passion for video games
- Experience in martial-arts or dance
- Comfortable working with actors
- Preferred education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Animation or Film
- Required Experience
- 2 years in Video Game Cinematics or Pre-Vis work
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.