PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Business Affairs Consultant
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a Business Affairs Consultant to join the PlayStation Productions team on a temporary basis across all film, television and digital platforms.
The Business Affairs Consultant will negotiate all creative and business deals and will work closely with both the PlayStation creative team and legal affairs to assist in finalizing agreements and dealing with production issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers, and outside attorneys and be able to efficiently communicate status and tradeoffs with other members of the PlayStation.
The Business Affairs Consultant must be able to manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly operate autonomously within corporate parameters, and remain calm and collected under pressure. A successful candidate is expected to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues across the company, build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions and generate client satisfaction through strategic thinking and risk analysis.
This role is located in Culver City, California.
- Negotiate deals with respect to all of PlayStations Productions content (i.e., film, television, etc.)
- Establish and maintain client relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy.
- Collaborate with Legal Affairs to get long-form agreements signed on a timely basis.
- Work with contracts administration on tracking of contractual options for properties and talent, payments, and deal summaries.
- Follow best practices and contribute toward improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, departmental process and procedures, as well as great ideas and creative problem solving on deals and projects.
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science and JD or JD/MBA
- A thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices with 7+ years in entertainment deal making, representing or working for a major scripted production company, studio or network
- Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of television industry agreements and guild/union regulations (DGA, SAG-AFTRA,WGA, #839)
- Exceptional negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities, exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of media business models preferred.
- Ability to understand and devise new business models preferred.
- Experience in streaming license/co-production deal-making preferred.
- Must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.