PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate, Corporate Development (M&A)
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Associate, Corporate Development. SIE’s Corporate Development Team works closely with SIE’s management team and is responsible for identifying inorganic growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments or joint ventures. The team sources, evaluates and executes transactions that are aligned with SIE’s strategic priorities and drive significant long-term value for the company.
The foundational work of the team involves developing market insights through strong internal and external relationships to identify attractive M&A and investment opportunities. Opportunities are assessed based on rigorous investment criteria and evaluation by internal stakeholders. Members of the team will develop the business case (including synergies) and drive internal alignment on strategic fit and the post-deal plan. The team works collaboratively across all functions and services at SIE.
This is an exciting and challenging role with significant executive exposure. The Associate is expected to bring financial analysis and deal experience, as well as strategic problem-solving skills. The position offers unique opportunities at the convergence of the global media and technology industries, and a chance to influence the evolution of this fast moving sector.
- Work with Strategic Planning, Strategic Alliances and other internal stakeholders to continuously refine the major strategic themes that guide SIE’s M&A strategy
- Construct business case and prepare detailed valuation models for potential transactions
- Prepare presentations which outline the strategic rationale for transactions
- Participate in cross functional due diligence process and provide project management from due diligence through conclusion/signing
- Present business cases and analytics to senior management to gain approval
- Research and analyze secondary market research to provide support for corporate development, strategic and possible M&A activities
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across SIE and across the other Sony businesses to facilitate discovery of opportunities and alignment on projects
- Manage and facilitate post-merger integration activities to ensure successful transaction outcomes
- 2+ years of investment banking, corporate development (M&A) experience
- Experience evaluating inorganic growth opportunities, including identifying key strategic themes and building financial models and presentations
- Strategic, quantitative and financial modelling skills, including the ability to structure the rationale for M&A recommendations with data and perform valuation analysis
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and PowerPoint
- Data savvy with the ability to drill down and identify key drivers and communicate insightful, actionable recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication and executive presence
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Strong team-player
- Ability to work with multiple cultures and to tailor work style and messaging to function effectively across globally distributed management teams
- BA required
- MBA a plus
- Experience working for a major video gaming or entertainment company a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.