PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Science Engineer, Machine Learning Platform
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We seek a Platform Engineer to support our transitioning to the cloud. In this role you will deliver tools for our new machine learning, analytics and big data cloud-based platform hosted on AWS and based on EMR Permanent and Transitory Clusters, S3 storage and in house software and open source tools. This will empower our global teams to quickly leverage advanced Machine Learning for a variety of problems. If this is you, please apply!
- Collaborate globally with data and cloud engineers to build a Machine Learning AWS-based platform.
- Collaborate with data scientists to make sure new platform meets requirements and conforms to best practice.
- Perform complex application programming activities, coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Troubleshoot and debug services in all stages of the development cycles, from development to production.
- Document new and existing projects to improve community understanding and contribution.
- Strong experience in designing, deploying and operating highly available, scalable and fault tolerant systems using Amazon Web Services (EMR Clusters, S3, ELBs, EC2, EBS).
- Strong working knowledge of deploying and configuring Apache Spark clusters, ideally on EMR clusters.
- Strong proficiency in Python.
- Detailed knowledge/understanding of more than one version control system, including git.
- Knowledge of large open source projects and how they operate preferably Airflow.
- Working knowledge of unix-like environments; shell scripting and system level knowledge.
- Practical exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins to merge development with testing through pipelines.
- Big-Data Cloud Scalability.
- Hive metastore and Hadoop.
- JDBC/ODBC, SQL query processing, and distributed query engines.
- Configuration Management tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Docker container infrastructure.
- Monitoring and logging tools like Splunk.
- Jupyterhub deployment and Apache Livy integration.
- Visualization tools such as Tableau.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.