Sony Interactive Entertainment - PlayStation has an exciting opportunity for a highly competent and experienced Windows System Administrator with exceptional skills in IT Systems Administration. The right candidate will be capable of defining and executing on well-constructed operational strategies, processes, and procedures, as well as have excellent communication and organizational skills. This person will be at the forefront of transitioning us from a regional to a global environment - and will have high visibility and opportunity to grow. Please note: this is a long term - 12 month contract - with potential for extension.
- Active Directory expertise (including ADFS) and Microsoft Management Console
- Install, configure, maintain, support and manage Windows 2012 and 2016 servers (including virtual) across multiple locations
- Virtual Infrastructure Administration (Vmware/Skills)
- Assist with Storage/NetApp infrastructure as required
- Administer and assist architecting Microsoft SCCM
- Scripting| Power Shell, Puppet, or other technologies as needed to develop automated methods for expediting deployment and administrative tasks.
- Perform root cause analysis on persistent or major server related hardware, software & application related problems.
- Closely collaborate with Linux Systems Engineers for critical issue resolution of Microsoft integrations.
- Applications and systems Support alongside other IT Systems Administration and Engineering staff
- Create and maintain documentation of environment design, configuration and workflow
- Maintain optimization of environments including upgrades, performance monitoring and system audit tasks
- Assist with our NetBackup, Data Domain and Quantum tape library infrastructure for our critical systems and data
- Participate and lead data center consolidation efforts
- Provide accurate timelines for specific tasks and projects assigned
- Offer mentorship to fellow team members and colleagues
- Participate in on call rotation and respond to emergencies 7/24/365
- Travel as needed for projects or support (5-10%)
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT Systems Administration and Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2012 / 2016 administration
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory (AD), LAN/WAN topology, IT processes and procedures, security, and systems implementations.
- Experience administering and configuring SCCM/SMS
- Experience administering clustered Microsoft SQL instances
- Experience administering clustered Microsoft Server instances
- Scripting experience - i.e. Powershell, BASH, or Python
- Linux/Unix experience preferred
- VMware vCenter experience preferred
- NetApp management experience preferred
- Virtualization experience using NetApp storage preferred
- Data Center Experience is preferred
- Experience with optimizing storage access across the WAN preferred
- Experience managing backup systems preferred (NetBackup, Quantum)
- Must possess a strong ability to document standards, methods and produce drawings of environments
- Exceptional team work as well as being able to work under own initiative are highly desired
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Technical certifications preferred - ideally MCSE, MCSA, or Sys Admin, MS Exchange or Office 365 certification is a plus
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.