PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Studio Operations Coordinator (Contract)
This position is for a 12-month temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Los Angeles, CA (Playa Vista)
As a Studio Operations Coordinator, you are a multi-tasker with strong project management skills to coordinate/manage all areas of administrative support for the Product Development Services Group (PDSG) Sound Department, under Worldwide Studios. You are a natural operating in a fast paced environment and have a seamless ability to communicate with staff members, supporting vendors and AAA talent.
- Support Casting service by working with legal department to draft talent agreements, booking talent travel and arranging talent payments.
- Create contracts for services and goods, purchase orders and receive/submit invoices for payment.
- Provide accounting support consisting of monthly forecasts, accruals and light budget tracking
- Provide general administrative support for several managers within the department including but not limited to scheduling meetings, arranging travel, processing expense reports, planning events, generating reports, etc.
- Arrange security/visitor badges, receive visitors, and escort them to meetings/studio
- Note taking and organization for high level production meetings, recording/VO and motion capture sessions
- Collect and Submit Game Credits, Studio Usage Logs and Staff information
- Help with events on-site and off-site such as studio lunches, all-hands meetings
- Serve as a knowledge base for everyone that works within the department
- Support presentation creation/maintenance as necessary
- Frequent contact with all levels of Sony Interactive Entertainment and extended Sony Group
- Send/receive mail and packages
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of administrative or relevant work experience
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with AAA talent and recording studio staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detailed oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and results-oriented
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word), SRM, Concur, and SAP
- Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Experience working between multiple time zones
- Experience dealing with high profile clients (executives, performers, etc.) desired
- Familiarity with Recording Studios and services desired
- Familiarity with PlayStation products and services offered
- Experience working in a multi-national global company
- Interest in interactive entertainment
- Experience supporting multiple executives is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.