PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Program Manager(San Francisco, CA)
You will be responsible for driving company-wide process improvement, cross-program support, and large-scale event planning and coordination. You will partner with the organization worldwide including SIE Engineering, Product, and Executive leadership. The responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership and executives to define and implement process improvements across Product Engineering, drive execution, optimize delivery, handle risk, and provide overall visibility
- Lead activity to define, plan and run large scale program events, summits, and workshops
- Define and facilitate key executive-tier program forums
- Handle, support, and streamline portfolio/program dependency management across the product development organization
- Streamline program-level tool usage
- Craft program structures and updates to be implemented across the organization
- Is responsible for the program outcomes, collaborating strongly with key cross functional leads in all the activities above
- Experience in establishing and developing global, complex enterprise scale programs from initial kick-off through launch.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Program/Project Manager
- 3+ years of experience in the streaming, gaming, music, digital media, or network service industry
- Previous experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles
- Experience implementing large-scale process improvements
- Solid understanding of product development lifecycle: software development, release processes, testing/QA
- Proficiency with tools used in Agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.)
- Motivated, organized self-starter with strong problem solving capabilities
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Excellent presentation skills across all levels of internal and external partners
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures) Leadership judgement learning agility, PMO deep understanding, risk management, affiliation partnership
- Previous experience with event coordination/planning
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com) or similar large-scale agile implementation
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Japanese language skills useful
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.