PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
The future of internal audit is data analytics. By 2025 a majority of Fortune 500 CFOs anticipate that the audit profession will be dominated by data analytics, and artificial intelligence. Today, in 2019, we are seeking to recruit the most talented and energetic individuals with the experience and ability to help propel our internal audit team towards that goal.
It’s much more than just numbers. For our audit team, it's about being as innovative as the products and content we create. Whether it’s minimizing risk or providing consulting to our executives, we are constantly devising new ways to add value and efficiencies. We work hard and support every department with the necessary resources to optimize the business and to find effective strategies that turn negatives into positives. It's a career that requires tremendous integrity, scrupulous attention to detail and the drive to always think beyond the obvious.
We need someone who is a critical thinker with the ability to analyze data and communicate results across all levels of the organization both verbally and written. Your role will include interviewing key stakeholders, analyzing large sets of data, and communicating findings with impact. The following attributes will be valued in this role: organization, accuracy, consistency and attention to detail. In addition, we are looking for someone who is flexible, maintains an open mind and is committed to achieving goals as a team.
- Support financial, operational and system reviews
- Evaluate whether risks to the company are identified and minimized, acceptable internal policies and procedures are followed, corporate resources are used efficiently and economically and the organization’s objectives are effectively achieved
- Understand the Sony organization and develop relationships to provide value-added solutions and best-practices
- Represent the internal audit department on company initiatives and special projects
- Assist management with enterprise risk assessment and annual audit plan development
- Contribute to internal department initiatives, such as training and development, updates to internal audit policies and procedures and other internal projects, as requested
- Play a role in delivering a data analytics centered approach by using data driven analytics to identify risk areas and deliver audit results with impact to senior management
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and at least 2 years of experience in finance, accounting and/or the design or assessment of internal controls
- Prior experience in a public accounting firm or a private industry internal audit or accounting department
- Previous exposure to assessing finance processes and IT systems for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Experience in applying data analytics to the arena of audit, such as the design and development of data analytics tools or experience performing and reporting data analytics is preferred.
- Knowledge of standard business processes (Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Order to Cash) and associated controls
- Experience with SAP S-4 Hana ERP’s, preferred
- Experience with data visualization software, such as QlikSense
- Ability to work independently, and succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management from the supported business units and external auditors
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.