PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Media Services Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA
The Media Services Project Manager will be managing Media Service projects in support of the Sony Interactive Entertainment Southern California offices with a focus on sites primarily located in Los Angeles and San Diego. The position of the Media Services Project Manager is to support the regional Senior Manager and support of all Southern California projects, regional WWS projects, department analytics, campus events/initiatives and support of Media Services site services. Excellent customer service and a “never say no” and “can do” attitude is a requirement. This position will located out of the SIE LA office (Howard Hughes).
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Passionate about customer service
- Open-minded and collaborative; enjoys working with a fund and divers team
- Well thought out, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement and attention to detail
- Relentless focus on project budget management and value engineering
- Interest in analytical techniques, monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data
- Experience with modern Audio/Visual technologies such as Cisco, Polycom and Logitech
- Experience preparing for and hosting large employee and customer events
- Basic understanding of low-voltage cabling and architecture
- Experience in technical support and customer interfacing
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems quickly
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and balancing multiple priorities
- Experience working with business customers to deliver extraordinary solutions
- Setup, operate, and monitor staging, lighting, audio, and video technology for events and meetings
- Routine inventory and maintenance of AV and VC equipment
- Monitoring, maintenance, and operation of audiovisual installations and tear downs
- Monitoring and maintenance support of digital signage
- SoCal IT liaison to ensure the Media Services Group meets all IT requirements
- Manage Sony’s Digital Signage system
- Coordinate, pre-test and setup video and web conference call
- Research and recommend new and innovative technology, products and services
- Conduct training sessions on Media Services technologies (Zoom and AV systems)
- Develop and maintain Media Services metrics on room utilization and event ROI
- Work with meeting planners and assistance to ensure outstanding service
- Oversee and help meeting planners with onsite execution and setup of event/meeting
- Coordinate large conferences and events by developing plans and checklist for all tasks
- Audio Visual, meeting and event setup when needed
- Conference Room configuration and general housekeeping when needed
- Provide back up to Media Services Manager and Specialist
- Network Troubleshooting, LAN Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration
- The ability to lead technical projects and integration of new technologies
- Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field desirable
- 5+ years in Audio/Visual, Video Conferencing and web collaboration setup and configuration; PC configurations, basic programming
- 5+ years in System Administration and Desktop support
- 5+ years in Project management, event coordination and a supervisory role
- Excellent A/V and IT technical and troubleshooting skills
- Possess effective vendor management and follow through ability
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of extremely sensitive proprietary information
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and the ability to see a job through from beginning to end
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Professional demeanor and clean work appearance
- Excellent client interaction/relationship skills
- Desire and drive to learn new products and systems.
- Individual should be a motivated self-starter
- Ability to travel periodically as required
- Must be able to lift 70+ lbs.; work on ladders
- Valid Driver’s License (Required)
This work may involve some heavy lifting and carrying of A/V equipment. Candidates must have a valid driver's license and reliable mode of transportation to and from job sites. Based on individual strengths and abilities, job responsibilities may expand to include design, programming and/or system configuration.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.