This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner YOH Services.
An Associate Technical Producer supports and manages scheduling and the day-to-day production of the internal development team. Responsibilities include collaborating with producers, senior producers, creative leads, directors and studio managers to develop and maintain a specific discipline or project plan to determine resource, budget or schedule needs.
Support and/or Manage internal game development:
- Responsible for specific phases or portions of product development from design through final approval
- Apply working knowledge of Product Development needs to enhance creative relationships, guide the development of new technologies and track progress
- Work with Senior Producers to plan and troubleshoot production resources
- Support development efforts to keep projects on schedule and within budget
- Schedule and maintain tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams
- Communicate between team members, consultants, inter-company and external resources
Support and/or Manage day-to-day production issues through analytic thinking and information gathering:
- Break down large or complex tasks into meaningful subtasks
- Assimilate diverse information and assess the impact of creative initiatives on the project
- Identify all groups that may be affected by an aspect of the project, and involve them – actively solicit their input and follow up through execution
- Hold regular meetings with the project teams and individuals to discuss status, resolve issues and share information
- Partner with senior members of the team to ensure a common understanding and agreement on the project scope and objectives and on any subsequent changes
Contribute to current and future Product Development needs:
- Foster and enhance creative working relationships with internal development team
- Work with team managers to understand and support team members’ growth objectives. Escalate any personnel issues to senior producers and team managers.
- Participate in the yearly performance review process
- Follow necessary processes and procedures for product development to ensure SIE company-wide policies are adhered to
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three years of industry experience in game production with one or more published titles as Associate Producer or above
- Experience working on technical teams and projects such as Engine/Rendering, Build Pipelines, DevOps, or Tools is preferred
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages (e.g. C++, Python)
- Prior experience working with large development teams desirable
- AAA experience a plus
- 4 year undergraduate college degree or equivalent skill set
- Working knowledge of project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Hansoft, Microsoft Office (Project and Excel), Bug tracking databases (JIRA, DevTrack)
- Familiarity with Agile techniques such as SCRUM, and traditional production management
Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Management teams.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!