PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Facility Technician (Contract)
San Diego, CA (Sorrento Valley)
Facilities Department Support:
- Support daily duties/projects as directed by Facilities Supervisor
- Assist in answering Facilities Group Help Desk phone as required
- Perform and complete as directed Facilities Group service orders in a timely manner and ensure client/customer satisfaction
- Coordinate the janitor service, carpet and furniture cleaning requests as directed
- Event and Meeting support
- Conference room set ups; light to medium lifting
- Set up and teardown of furniture and clearing of rooms
- Support during event with regard to furniture moves, etc.
- Clean up spills and accidents as needed
- Mount and unmount computer and TV monitors; support Media team as needed
- Minor furniture repairs
- Minor building maintenance and repairs
- May provide on-call assistance for all department and campus issues
- Workstation adjustments – panel removal; monitor arm installs and adjustments; keyboard platform installations as needed
- Assist with receiving and deliver of large deliveries – TVs, monitors, furniture, etc.
- Monitor and manage facilities storage room and inventories
- Monitor vendor service performance and activities
- Additional Facilities-related tasks as assigned
With direction from Facilities Supervisor perform building Inspections:
- Support a safe work environment; such as directed work for all Fire, ADA and OSHA regulations
- Inspect general and common areas for repair and maintenance issues including painting, doors, frames, locks, floors, carpet, lights, temperature, etc.
- Check all doors and access areas for easy usability, report all problems
Assist all departments:
- Assist all departments requests for moves, furniture, reconfigurations, small projects, event setups and special requests
- Provide assistance to all departments with organization and storage rooms
Technical Focus: Ability to use and operate hand tools and power tools safely. Provide safety barricades and protect others while working with various tools. Must be able to perform general building repairs and installations including, but not limited to:
- Wall patch & painting
- Carpet/tile repair
- Vinyl signage prep & installation
- Artwork/picture frame hanging
- Operate power tools
- Ability to read building plans and drawings
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-75lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Ability to work at a variety of heights; climb ladders
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
- Will be required to lift and move heavy objects throughout each day
Communication: Effective verbal and written communication skills to gather, report and exchange information both internally and externally. And in particular via email.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license
- Able to work non business hours and weekends as requested
- Familiar with the Microsoft Suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- People: Able to communicate with all levels of employees; Ability to professionally interact with all departments (employees and guests) and external contacts (vendors and contractors). Work well with others; ability to make good, timely decisions in relatively complex situations; maintain appropriate respect for individuals in all situations. Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events requiring quick response. Ability to build effective working relationships inside and outside the work group and the ability to solve routine problems efficiently and effectively.
- Industry: Knowledgeable of building standards, OSHA regulations, and technologies a plus. Able to respond to building emergencies and react proficiently and accordingly.
- Must exercise safe work practices at all times
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.