PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director of Data Platform
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
PlayStation software engineering group is looking for a seasoned leader to lead the data platform initiatives at PlayStation. Director of data platform will be responsible for core platform components, managing data lakes, and providing real-time access to events that power machine learning models.
- Own and iterate vision of data platform, vision is to share across all groups within PlayStation.
- Accountable for the PlayStation data platform consisting of several petabytes of data.
- You will own the data platform design and implementation by partnering with product management, business, and engineering teams located in San Francisco, San Mateo, San Diego, London, Tokyo, and Los Angeles.
- Lead a team that is responsible for creation of data lakes.
- Create data lakes and collaborate with Data scientists and Business analysts to leverage data to deliver personalization and business analytics.
- Build delightful products and experiences for millions, while working alongside an excellent, cross-functional team across Engineering, Product and Design.
- Act as the overall e2e architect to influence other location engineering teams that own data lakes.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience building highly scalable systems in the data space.
- Must have worked as an engineer and an architect early in your career.
- Must have managed team of size 15+ for 2+ years.
- Experience with some of the data technologies such as Spark, Presto, HDFS, Apache Parquet, Apache Zeppelin, Kafka is highly desired
- Experience working in AWS is a strong plus
- Experience in data quality, validation, and data governance is a strong plus.
- Experience working with Data warehouses is a strong plus.
- Must have experience dealing with 24x7 systems at internet scale.
- Excellent in collaborating with teams in remote locations.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.