PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SIE is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join a growing team in the Platform group.
About the role and how you will spend your time:
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment with a team of highly engaged engineers.
- Contribute to architectural direction for large-scale commerce systems under Sony’s PlayStation Network Platform.
- Become a component owner who works both hands-on and provides technical oversight to others in order to implement interactive web-based services and commerce capabilities using sound technology choices.
- Maintain operational ownership of mission critical components running in the production environment.
- Become a subject matter expert and provide strong technical leadership and mentoring.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years large scale programming and systems experience using Java
- Experience building scalable systems with low latency and high throughput, including operationalization and monitoring.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and implementation approaches
- Hands-on development experience in architecting and building a data pipeline
- Experience developing web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON).
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Experience with eCommerce, especially with design and development of global payment processing systems, and integrating 3rd party acquiring platforms.
- Understanding of best practices used in building software within PCI requirements.
- Hands-on experience with different types of NoSQL data stores, messaging or pub-sub queuing systems.
- Experience leading engineering teams and mentoring others.
- Experience with AWS services (such as kinesis, elasticsearch, dynamodb, hbase, aurora).
- Experience with caching solutions such as
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and are able to work with others at all levels.
- You’re effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and look for ways to make things better. You’re not afraid to ask questions.
- You have natural leadership skills and the ability to motivate yourself and others to drive toward excellence
PlayStation is growing by leaps and bounds and we need talented developers to help us keep up with our passionate global customer base. This is an opportunity to work with a fun team of people on interesting projects where you have an opportunity to influence the development direction.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.