PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Portfolio Lifecycle Management
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation store business has continued to deliver massive growth and is also evolving rapidly towards new business models. In response, we are undertaking an exciting global restructure which will leverage specialist teams to drive efficiency and optimisation. As part of this, we are creating a Global Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) team who will be responsible for driving the value proposition of the Store.
Reporting to the Head of CLM, the Senior Manager, Portfolio Lifecycle Management will implement the CLM strategy through working with partners on the Games category. The Senior Manager will focus their attention on supporting internal and external key business stakeholders with driving digital business across the wide breadth of publishers and developers providing content to the PlayStation Store. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player, have proven negotiation skills and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the content portfolio and implement the CLM strategy for the broad portfolio of content available for PlayStation Store, focusing on acquiring digital promotional content as well as supporting content that drives strategic platform initiatives
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with broader platform activities for this content
- Provide global third party relations with support to service portfolio accounts and meet with publishers as required
- Develop and own plans for relevant digital content and the actions to drive growth
- Work with the other senior members of the Global Store and Services team to devise a long-term monetisation strategy to maximise our digital business
- Own, and ensure the quality of, the end to end delivery of digital products to consumers throughout the entire lifecycle
- Inspire, motivate and develop the team to achieve outstanding performance
Experience & Skills:
- 15 or more years of digital retail and / or digital entertainment industry experience
- Proven track record of using data to curate and shape portfolio offerings to drive the business
- Proven experience of building strong internal and external relationships and of driving collaborative behaviours within teams
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Results driven with a demonstrable analytical mindset
- Demonstrable track record of successfully growing digital business within relevant international digital marketplace
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humour, and a drive for results
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation5