PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Group Manager, Live Services
The Group Manager, Live Services will be responsible for building and leading our global live service marketing and business team.
The Group Manager will play a critical role in ensuring financial success of our GaaS (Games as a Service) portfolio. The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and management of end to end global plans that drive growth and profitability for our games. The role involves coaching teams to define and create plans that drive acquisition of new players, engagement and retention of existing players, and re-engagement and reclaim of previous players.
Reporting into the Senior Director, Global Marketing, he/she will be a self-starter with a strong history in marketing games, with experience with live service products and business models. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of creativity and analytical thought to drive product strategy and year-round marketing plans to keep players constantly engaged.
- In partnership with our studios, own the live service marketing strategy and annual marketing plans for our exclusive games
- Create and drive approval of promotional and growth plans to deliver on business performance and player acquisition & engagement targets across our portfolio of GaaS titles
- Inform, involve and share business results with leadership and global cross functional teams
- Lead a global cross functional Centre of Excellence (Media, Creative, PR, Web, CRM, Social Media, Events, Customer Service, Community Management) with the goal of developing best practices and sharing across the portfolio
- Work closely with consumer insights, analytics and community management teams to assess player needs/behaviors to better define product strategy and pivot ongoing marketing tactics
- Distill large volumes of consumer feedback into tangible and actionable insight that the studio team can use to optimize player experience, strategy & execution throughout the season.
- Responsible for growth and development of direct reports. Coach team members to intensely track business results, and impact on weekly, monthly, quarterly business performance. Use data to create tactical action plans and long-term business plans
- Perform general supervisory functions such as hiring, onboarding, coaching, performance management and development
- Attract, retain and motivate top talent and staff
Skills / Core Competencies
- Live services experience, can include products with continuous revenue models and constantly updated content offerings
- Expertise in assessing and building new business models with players in mind
- Ability to make data driven marketing decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead individuals in creating and executing the best solutions for the business, partners and consumers
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, and a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a quickly in a dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
- Proven expertise in the planning, execution and leadership of business plans
Minimum 10+ years of video game product marketing experience, with a focus on live services
Marketing degree or equivalent. Master’s Degree is preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.