PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Service Reliability Engineering Manager
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (CGEI)
Aliso Viejo, CA
The Service Reliability Engineering Manager is responsible for day-to-day health and uptime for all CGEI's services. As the manager, you are responsible for maintaining and improving service uptime, headcount growth, personnel management, and service stability. Additionally, this role is responsible for handling either planned or unplanned maintenance events as well as executing capacity and capability growth as Gaikai expands.
- Build and direct a team of engineers across many time zones who work to analyze and maintain service stability by documenting policies and best practices in a 24/7/365 operation.
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime and reliability of all network, server, storage, and ancillary infrastructure to fulfill the mission of unyielding site stewardship.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to negotiate requirements, specifications, schedules, quality, and technical acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with Project Management, Operational and Engineering peers to develop innovative technical solutions that meet Gaikai’s needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Identify tactical issues and emerging areas of concern.
- Develop reports and feedback to inform technical solutions that meet design needs.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of at least 5 or 6 years of experience managing an operations organization in a 24/7 global infrastructure as well as a record of individual technical achievements.
- A strong background in Internet service deployments and a deep understanding of Linux and Internet technologies.
- A natural team leader who can motivate and encourage personal advancement.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and hectic work environment.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with very bright, experienced engineers.
- Capable of leading a discussion with executive management.
- Demonstrated experience in network and large-scale UNIX system troubleshooting and maintenance practices.
- Must be willing to travel to domestic and international datacenters and office locations.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.