PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Engineering & Infrastructure
Sr. Technical Project Manager
As a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, CGEI is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
As a project manager assigned to our Hardware & Systems Engineering team, you will lead projects developing new software and hardware technology for Cloud Gaming and data center infrastructure. You will be responsible for working with both internal and external development teams to define milestones, schedules, and deliverables, and then track the progress of the various projects.
- Manage and track the tasks and deliverables of individual teams.
- Actively partners with cross-functional team, other project managers and senior managers to ensure specific requirements, time, and internal regulatory standards are met.
- Work with external teams or partners to drive projects, coordinating project activities and open issues.
- May be responsible for individual sub-components of larger projects.
- Assist with the coordination of projects, gathering requirements, identifying project vision, and developing project schedules.
- Work with engineers and management to maintain project schedules and to monitor, influence and direct progress.
- Report project progress, status, and risks to project stakeholders.
- Identifies/eliminate bottlenecks and risks using appropriate knowledge, skills, and techniques.
- Determines specific processes and development schedules to meet project goals and objectives.
- Configure and adopt tooling to ensure that development is done efficiently and transparently.
- Interface with Engineering and Business Owners for project requirements and scope.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent, or 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in an engineering team developing hardware and low-level software including device drivers and management software. Team extensively uses C/C++, Python, Linux and Git.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to deliver projects within a fast paced, multi-disciplined leading edge technology environment.
- Self-starter, with strong ability to operate in an unstructured environment.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong and diverse software technology background.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Strong working experience with Project Management tools and Agile methodologies in managing technical projects.
- Familiar with project management tools such as JIRA and office productivity apps (e.g. GSuite / MS Office)
- Experience with Japanese language and culture is a plus.
- Gaming and start-up experience is a plus.
- Programming or engineering education or background a plus.
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM certifications a plus.
This position is located in Aliso Viejo, California
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.