PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (Aliso Viejo, CA)
Senior Hardware Engineer
SIE is looking for a talented hardware engineer interested in pushing the limits of data center technology. As the leaders of Cloud Gaming, the Hardware & Systems Engineering team is responsible for the design of the server technology powering PlayStation Now and other SIE Cloud services. As a Senior Hardware Engineer, you will develop new server designs, assist with validation and develop novel new data center technologies. You have a broad knowledge on hardware technology from CPUs, storage, networking to rack level design. Never a dull day, the healthy mix of both production and R&D projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer that enjoys facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them..
- Work with local and remote teams and suppliers to define product roadmap and program direction.
- Specify, design, and develop hardware solutions for server and rack design with OEM/ODM.
- Manage and monitor ODM through EVT, DVT and PVT development stages to ensure joint success. Ensure proper exit criteria set for each stage.
- Review schematic and board diagrams.
- Work with local engineering teams on hardware validation.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with end-to-end enabling, design, and deployment cycle of a product.
- 5+ years of industry experience
Skills & knowledge
- Hardware debugging experience.
- Deep knowledge on server components: CPUs, SSDs, GPUs and networking
- Deep knowledge on PCIe, PCIe Fabrics or Gen-Z.
- Open Compute or rack level design
- Understanding of relevant supplier offerings and overall supply chain
- Linux experience
- Bash / Python scripting
- C / C++ programming background
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.