Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Technical Designer - Audio
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Senior Technical Designer- Audio to design and improve audio workflow that sets the bar for the PS4. This individual will work side by side with level designers, artists, character designers, game sound designers, and programmers on varied sound-related aspects of the production from start to finish.
As the Senior Technical Designer for Audio you will help to define systems that increase efficiency and workflow. You will work the Audio Director and the audio team and other groups to help define the best and most efficient audio implementation and pipelines. You are self-motivated and willing to work within a schedule. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Take direction from the Audio Director as needed on any the following: audio design, audio work flows, audio vision, etc.
- Defines new technical pipelines to achieve quality and performance goals.
- Learns the non-audio design systems (combat, gameplay mechanics, level design, etc.) to collaborate and build new systems to improve pipelines and workflow.
- Work with the audio team to implement sound where possible and design with implementation needs in mind
- Potentially serves as a leader to a team of sound implementers.
- Ability to works collaboratively with other departments and non-audio team members to drive audio initiatives (e.g. new workflows, features, pipelines, systems)
- Works with QA to ensure adequate testing is being done.
- Passion for audio, games, scripting, tools and systems.
- Highly proficient in scripting (preferably Lua) and pipeline systems
- Possesses an acute ear to sonic detail
- Ability to quickly become proficient with proprietary game engine tools and production processes.
- Working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with team members.
- Working knowledge of game engine and design tools, especially as they relate to sound.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to work within a schedule.
- Must be team-player, friendly, self-confident, and open-minded
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.