PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Job Title: Chief of Staff, Platform & Service Engineering
Location: San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a Chief of Staff to help amplify the Vice President of Platform & Services engineering division. As the right-hand person of the VP of Software Engineering, you’ll be given authority to create and improve programs and processes to continually level-up the Engineering organization. You’ll drive execution of key initiatives and consult to make smart and fast decisions. You’ll be instrumental in scaling the Engineering organization that has 160+ engineers across San Francisco and San Diego locations.
You should be comfortable working with executives, and be able to make effective decisions and execute for the VP of Software Engineering to allow better coverage for the growing demands of the Engineering organization. You should have strong public speaking and executive communication skills, as well as be proficient at running executive meetings.
- Partners with VP and other leaders to manage department budgets including cloud spend.
- Orchestrates, advises and drives key organization processes and key performance indicators
- Effectively works across organization boundaries, collaborating to ensure delivery of awesome customer capabilities.
- Leads, coaches, mentors and advises team of leaders to deliver highly available, globally distributed software solutions with optimal efficiency and effectiveness
- Fosters, builds and measures agile engineering capabilities and quality engineering practices including KPIs to ensure optimal ROI.
- Performs a key leadership role in the technology transformation and change leadership for the existing services and innovation of new capabilities to support business growth.
- Tracks progress of deliverables results against the technology transformation road map for the enterprise.
- Participates in product road map discussions and identifies key areas for improvement in the product and incorporate these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives
- Team builder, facilitator, excellent communication skill, multi-task, leadership skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience as Technical/Engineering Program Manager.
- Must have worked as an engineer early in your career.
- Exceptionally organized and experienced in communicating across multiple teams and departments.
- Emotional intelligence, empathy, and ability to establish trusting and strong relationships.
- Extremely versatile; dedicated to efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.