PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Regional Manager, Global Partner Operations
San Mateo, CA
A vital role within the Global Third Party Relations (GTPR) / Global Partner Operations (GPOPs) teams, responsible for the managing a team of Operations Specialists and Coordinators tasked with timely management and delivery of content consistently to market at high quality with minimal friction / optimal transparency and in compliance with all relevant policies (business, technical and otherwise), thereby maximizing PlayStation/partner profitability and enhancing Partner satisfaction.
- Primary external point of escalation for all Partners’ operational teams
- Primary point of contact with other Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) operational teams
- Turn vision and key department goals into actionable work-streams relevant to team
- Track and manage key initiatives to completion, and high priority titles to release
- Introduce and document new processes, and train team members to ensure adoption
- Assist team members in unblocking issues
- Coach team members to promote high motivation, competency, and job satisfaction
- Produce weekly reports
- Perform annual reviews
- Responsible for timely and effective delivery of physical and digital content to PlayStation platforms
- Responsible for partner adoption of and creation/advocacy of new SIE systems, tools and processes that aid in/streamline the transit of content through the pipeline to market
- Responsible for ensuring partners are aware of, and adhering to all relevant SIE licensing, submission and release requirements and policies in conjunction with all relevant internal teams (Global Format QA, Global Developer Technology Group, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Able to guide partners through their entire journey on the platform (from being first on-boarded, to supporting a multi-year spanning live service product)
- Responsible for accurately and consistently maintain all appropriate tracking of issues, release information, etc. for tracking and analysis, and produce reports against that data as required
- Responsible for troubleshooting of issues with releases/incidents and resolving with internal teams in a timely manner, as well as conducting post postmortems after the fact to identify and eliminate root causes
- Responsible for conducting regular meetings with relevant operational contacts at Partners to ensure thorough understanding of their content and provision of all necessary support for release on PlayStation platforms
- Responsible for overseeing deployment and release of key titles into market, including all enhanced oversight processes and coordination with other relevant SIE teams
- Responsible for proposing system improvements and on-going process streamlining to continually improve efficiency and service delivery
- Responsible for attending and present at external SIE events as needed from time to time
- 5+ years of related experience
- General awareness of the games market, current and future games platforms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Patient, persistent, discrete, pragmatic/realistic and diplomatic
- Essential - a starter and finisher
- Data-centric and analytical with good planning skills and fine attention to detail
- Both detail and 'big-picture' conscious
- Excellent negotiation and advocacy skils
- Locally and globally team minded
- Ability to manage and inspire staff to promote high motivation, competency, and job satisfaction
- Able to operate and communicate at a senior level within SIE as required
- Understanding of the relationship between Publisher & Developer preferred
- Games industry background preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.