PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Cyber Security Program Manager (Contract Position)
San Diego, CA
This is an opportunity to work on and influence the development of a really cool product with a massive and rapidly growing global customer base. Fun-focused team with end-to-end visibility of the product and the business.
About this position:
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Contract Cybersecurity Program Manager to lead various programs in a cutting-edge technical environment at PlayStation Network. This person will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of programs which enhance the way the PlayStation Network is maintained and secured.
The ideal candidate will communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including Senior Leadership and internal / external stakeholders. This person holds themselves accountable for finding solutions to complex program problems.
To be successful in this space, the candidate must be comfortable in a dynamic, flexible environment, bridging engineering and product management requirements. He or she will be responsible for programs which span a variety of projects, teams, geographical locations, areas of focus, and milestones.
- Owning project and program schedules, task assignments, and managing overall schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and actively managing dependencies, mitigating risks, and executive reporting.
- Collaborating with staff and management to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks.
- Candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the Program Management group.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years experience working in a Security Program/Project Management role in an agile environment. SAFe certification helpful.
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively. Must be results driven.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.