PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Financial Analyst
San Diego, CA
Worldwide Studios Global Technology division is seeking an operational Sr. Financial Analyst to join its FP&A team. The primary function of the Sr. Financial Analyst position is to support the Global Technology Finance Manager with global consolidation and analysis.
- Support the Finance Manager in the budget, forecast, and mid-range planning process for budget owners
- Create monthly financial reporting and conduct analysis for Global Technology teams in conjunction with the Finance Manager
- Assist with monthly financial review meetings with budget owners
- Book monthly journal entries and perform g/l audits
- Assist with global financial planning, cost analysis and strategy projects to improve business processes
- Consolidated global reporting including global headcount, out-of-budget expenses, and other KPI’s
- Capital expenditure / fixed asset tracking
- Tracking and facilitating intercompany recharges
- Development and analysis of cost allocation methodologies and title budgets
- Strong understanding and experience with financial planning concepts including variance analysis, capacity/utilization and ROI
- Ability to manage regional budgets and global consolidation
- Ability to develop working relationships inside and outside the department through effective communication, positive attitude, and professionalism
- Proficiency manipulating large data sets using Excel and BI tools (Cognos/TM1/Smartview/Tableau) as well as experience using Visio, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience working with SAP S/4 Hana and SRM
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, flexible environment with minimal supervision in order to prioritize and meet project deadlines
- Must possess a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills required
Required Experience / Education:
- 3-5 years of equivalent work-related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related field (i.e. BA, BS)
- Passion for the gaming, entertainment and technology industries
Preferred Experience / Education:
- At least 5+ years of equivalent work-related experience
- Native-level fluency in written and spoken Japanese
- International experience or experience with a multi-national company a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.