PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
Sony PlayStation’s Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art and animation, as well as previsualization, cinematics, character creation, motion capture, software development, and face/body scanning, tracking and solving.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to play a key role on our new game development team. You will be working closely with the Engineering, and IT teams to build and support our suite of Game development tools. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced job, thrives on problem-solving, making things happen for the team, optimizing processes, which allows everyone to perform at their peak.
Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies: Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Japan Studios, and other Sony PlayStation first-party studios. This is your opportunity to work closely with game and film industry professionals from all over the world and under one roof!
If you are talented and proactive, and have initiative, we want to hear from you.
- Interface with everyone on the team: Find the underlying cause of problems. Provide direct solutions.
- Setup Monitor and alerting systems
- Collaborate with IT to ensure a broad understanding of approaches and solutions.
- Build Monitoring systems to interpret traffic reports and provide analysis
- Set proactive alerting to respond to performance issues
Requirements & Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a full-stack developer
- Solid knowledge of full stack web development
- Understanding of server architecture and maintenance using Nginx, PHP, Node, Python.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with databases design and query optimizations using Mysql, Redis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.