PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer (Contract), Content and Customer Service Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation
Our group develops software for the PlayStation Network. This network provides online services for the PS4, Web, PS3, PSP, Vita, Tablets, mobile phones, PC, Bravia TVs and more. We build large internal enterprise applications which integrate and support such services as Movie/TV Show streaming, PSN gaming commerce and much more. Our environment is fast, agile and we use some of the latest tools out there.
The Content and Customer Service Data Engineering team is looking for creative, curious, energetic professionals who are passionate about solving complex problems with data in creative and innovative ways. Our mission is to deliver timely, scalable and high quality data solutions and be a force multiplier by unlocking the full potential behind our data.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams in multiple projects building forward thinking, innovative data solutions that up-level our features and drive results in a data driven way.
- Contribute to the design and evolution of our cloud data infrastructure platform and overall data engineering tooling.
- Collaborate with infrastructure teams across the organization to further expand our teams data integration capabilities and best practices.
- Enhance our CI/CD tooling enabling the team to deliver timely solutions with robust, resilient infrastructure.
- Drive ideas and projects through deep understanding of our data and how it applies in the broader sense of the organization.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering / DevOps experience.
- Experience automating tasks using Python and other scripting languages.
- Prior experience building infrastructure in AWS or similar cloud services utilizing Cloudformation / Terraform or similar Infrastructure as Code tools.
- Experience building and maintaining BigData infrastructure using Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark or similar open source technologies.
- Well versed in networking technologies - able to figure out what is required to get things done.
- Background in software engineering - able to write elegant, scalable and maintainable code.
- Experience with diverse SQL and NoSQL platforms.
- Experience with Airflow/Jenkins and similar scheduling CI/CD tools.
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment.
- Gamer or experience in the gaming industry a plus.