PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Departmental Administrative Assistant (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
The position of the Department Administrative Assistant is expected to partner with the organization to collaborate with the senior staff members of Sony Interactive Entertainment’s software engineering team and to coordinate/manage all areas of administrative support.
- Frequent contact with all levels of Sony Interactive Entertainment and extended Sony Corp employees and managers
- General Administrative Support (Managing Calendars, agenda planning, scheduling, travel planning, expense reports, event planning, report generation, etc.)
- Receive visitors and escort them to meetings
- Receive mail and packages
- Coordinate other administrative projects as assigned
- Help with social events on-site and off-site like office lunches, hackathons, all-hands meetings, etc.
- Continually improve and effectively utilize software packages to produce the work and automate administrative processes without compromising work quality
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Serve as the knowledge base for everyone that works within the department
- Bachelors’ Degree required and/or relevant work experience
- 2-3 years of administrative or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office: Strong PowerPoint skills, Outlook, Word, and Excel, SRM, Concur, and SAP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of company products, services and overall business objectives
- Interest in interactive entertainment and digital distribution
- Senior Management/Executive Level interaction
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.