PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Why work when you can play?
Senior Technical Product Owner
We have an exciting opportunity here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek a Product Owner to manage our engineering team backlog and take ownership of improving the PlayStation Partner experience globally. The ideal candidate will have a product, technical and UX background and help drive the strategy and roadmap for the entire end-to-end PlayStation developer experience. You will collaborate closely with product managers to build out a detailed roadmap and work with the engineering team to deliver the features. If this is you, please apply!
Essential Functions of the Job:
- As a Product Owner contribute to business outcomes and roadmap definition, defining system roadmap required to meet core business outcomes, and creating high quality features and user stories to deliver on those outcomes.
- Maintains the Product backlog using input from Stakeholders and Product Vision, responsible for the building, editing and maintaining of the team backlog encompassing all epics, features, user stories, defects.
- Manage tradeoffs between scope and schedule with business demands and ensures business value is being delivered.
- Responsible for ensuring backlog is ready for iteration planning, acting as a subject matter expert on the details and priority of all items in the backlog.
- Provide thought leadership on how scenarios and features will be implemented to the agile development team.
- Ability to manage multiple releases concurrently.
- Strong Stakeholder/consumer management by developing and sustaining strong working relationships with business and engineering teams throughout Sony. Ability to present and represent owned services to senior leadership as needed.
- Ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria with necessary assets and ensuring final accepted products are of the highest quality.
- Accountable for business use case gathering and definition.
- Accountable for Definition of Acceptance Criteria and User Stories to ensure the delivery team is empowered with the necessary information.
- Ensure that the team always has groomed backlog to pick stories
- Manages and publishes roadmaps to ensure Stakeholders are informed.
- Participate in team demos and retrospectives, accepting quality work while ensuring constant process improvement throughout the lifecycle.
- Coordinate dependencies across product lines with the product management team.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum/tech best practices and new trends
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Makes key decisions based upon input from Managers and Stakeholders; solid understanding of Tech principles and business objectives.
- Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include UX, information security, code maintainability and reliability
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years Agile software product owner experience
- 5+ years experience working in technical teams
- Experience with web applications and microservices.
- Experience with a majority of the technology toolset listed below is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment, the ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement, quality methodology and project/operations delivery skills
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated creative problem-solving,analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex, technical concepts in a clear concise language.
- Strong customer management and negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of standards in a technical environment
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicate, present and negotiate effectively.
- AWS: CloudFront, Route 53, RDS, Aurora
- AWS: API Gateway, Lambda, Serverless, S3
- ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana (ELK)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.