Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) or Sony PlayStation is always looking for ways to bring the most innovative and exciting products to our customers. We’re looking to hire a talented and experienced Program Manager with experience in supply chain and managing new product launch.
This role will be the primary point of contact for our Packaged Product Lifecycle management, continuous improvement as well as loss prevention. This role will work across the SIE supply chain, our vendor partner network, and numerous internal departments, from sales and marketing, to creative and compliance. This role will also work closely with our external developer and partner network. In this job, you would be working on high profile product launches as well as continuous improvement initiatives. The ideal candidate will effectively manage relationships with all of these stakeholders and build business relationship.
In the SIE supply chain, we thrive in a highly collaborative environment. We thrive under deadlines and strive to bring the best product to our customers successfully across a wide variety of projects. If this sounds like you, apply today! Join us at SIE, the best place to work and play.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Manage a talented team of Program Managers and Program Analysts providing production support for all packaged PlayStation product as the central point of contact for product marketing and internal operations functions across US, Canada, and our Opportunity Markets.
- Chair regular New Product Introduction (NPI) milestone meetings driving agendas, minutes, action items, and updates to internal NPI tool.
- Regularly liaise with publishers and studios to define product roadmaps and execution strategy
- Manage day-to-day operations to ensure new products will release as planned on time and efficiently, clarifying process, and defining clear cross functional roles and responsibilities.
- Effectively delegate tasks to team members, must be able clearly communicate project status, explain business impacts to partners and leadership, lead project risk assessment, etc.
- Manage all aspects of specific programs and project including timelines, budgets, governance, resource allocation, scope and definition, deliverables, and implementation
- Contribute to development of Supply Chain loss prevention functions across the North American supply chain. Evaluate the end-to-end supply chain implementing loss prevention strategy. Map critical new release product movements coordinate security standards across all supply chain functions.
- Effectively work across the SIE organization with various teams to reach launch dates and milestones. Set and manage regular collaboration meetings.
- Develop program metrics and postmortem process to support visibility and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain monthly KPI and operational health measures across various programs.
- Work with business leads to define and run business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term strategies.
- Define business system requirements for the development product lifecycle management tools. (SKU and BOM management) release date scenarios milestones, cost of goods, business model and packaging tracking.
- BA/BS or equivalent in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations or a related field
- 6-8 years of program management, supply chain planning, and security/loss prevention experience in gaming industry
- Consistent record of leading strategic programs, combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage a large group of external and internal contacts and communication.
- A proven business leader and role model.
- Experience working with computer databases and tools and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
- Strong milestone management and program management skill set.
- Must have broad understanding of supply chain disciplines and experience working with product marketing, packaging, creative, compliance, sales operations.
- Attention to detail, organized, disciplined with process and policy focus.
- Ability to manage a team of 4 to 6 employees effectively and help ensure their success
- Excellent communication skills - must be able to adapt working style to the personalities and work styles of our partners
- Proven business analytics, business systems requirements definition, and reporting skills (data driven approach, excel reporting, analysis, presentation development). Ability to effectively analyze and speak to data. Ability to present data to a variety of audiences is a plus
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.