PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a senior level engineer to join our established, high performance team. We apply web technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation®4, web, and beyond, with which millions of customers around the world interact with daily.
We employ Agile methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. This is a rare and opportunity to be part of one of the world’s most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across North America, as well as Japan and Europe.
- You come from an object-oriented development background and are passionate about front end web technologies.
- You will produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- You will contribute to existing and develop new common software components to benefit other SIE client applications
- Mentor and coach junior Engineers within the development team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Proficient with at least one widely adopted single page application (SPA) architecture
- 5+ years software development experience
- Expert level React Native or React.js
- Highly proficient in HTML5 / CSS3
- You have owned the development and provided technical engineering vision for medium to large sized applications
- Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
- You have shipped 2-3 consumer facing, web applications
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across a variety of mediums
- Ambitious with an ability to take initiative
- Experience in developing high-performance user interfaces
- Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Familiarity with:
- Restful API’s
- C++ or object-oriented programming
- Experience with eCommerce or payment solutions
- Customer-facing UI Development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.