PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior R&D Engineer, Facial / Human Performance Capture tech
Located in Culver City - Los Angeles, CA
Sony PlayStation Visual Arts Service Group (VASG) provides world class content, development, and services to Sony Game Studios. We offer a full service production studio environment with an emphasis in art, animation, previsualization as well as character creation, motion capture, software development, facial tracking and solving, face and body scanning.
VASG has an internal group that is passionate about creating next generation digital humans. We’ve been pushing the limits of realistic humans in games for the last 15 years and is at the forefront of latest technology and highest quality in gaming.
We seek research engineers in the field of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Advanced Computer Graphics to help develop algorithms that will advance our production technology and tools related to facial performance capture
If you’re ready to be part of a world class team to work on AAA games titles like Uncharted, God of War, Spider-Man, Star Wars Battlefront, and push the next gen quality in games, we want to talk to you!
- Take prototypes from external R&D groups and make them into production ready tools.
- Develop functional prototypes to advance production technology and tools for human performance capture i.e. character creation, motion capture, software development, facial tracking and solving, face and body scanning.
- Recommend improvements to existing technology.
- Test and maintain tools to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Effectively communicate with multiple teams.
- Create clear technical documentation and develop functioning prototypes.
- Demonstrate high quality results using examples of real world production data.
- Min. of 5yrs R&D experience in Visual Effects, Animation, and/or Game industries.
- Understanding of facial (facial anatomy a plus) and human performance capture process, tools and pipelines.
- Research experience in computer vision, computer graphics, machine vision, or image/video processing.
- Strong math and algorithm design skills.
- Strength in C++ programming, Object Oriented Design.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Masters or PhD a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.