PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Market Development Manager - Latin America
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We're looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. As part of Global Store and Services, the Market Development team will be responsible for driving revenue to PlayStation Store and Services by architecting and executing custom market solutions; leveraging market expertise, sales data, customer analysis and engagement, competitive data, and territory conditions.
Reporting to the Manager, Market Development – Americas, the Market Development Manager - LATAM is the market expert and will be responsible for optimizing and expanding Store and Services engagement and revenue through regular analysis of sales performance, store visits, customer acquisition and retention for Latin America. At the territory level, the Market Development Manager will be an expert on market dynamics including products, performance, customer segmentation, insights, preference, and local market conditions to identify incremental sales opportunities, articulate tailored offers and campaigns across Store and Services and Digital at Retail. At a global level, the Market Development Manager will proactively collaborate with global counterparts on overall strategy, Store and Services performance, identify opportunities, and solve for gaps. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, with strong attention to detail and have an analytical mind that can execute in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market expert with the key goal to optimize PlayStation Store and Services and Digital at Retail in Latin America.
- Lead cross functional efforts with key internal stakeholders and identify best-in-class plans and offers for territory using a 360 approach including forecasting, monitoring performance, and post mortem. Ability to articulate key findings and recommendations, both long term and tactical.
- Champion the expansion in opportunity markets through Digital at Retail and bridge the gap between physical and digital goods through market expertise, sales analysis, campaigns, and retail investments.
- Drive Store and Services revenue through execution of tailored offers specific to market, customer segmentation, and local market conditions.
- Drive and expand Digital at Retail revenue through market expertise and support in analysis for sales, campaigns, and retail investments.
- Territory reporting responsibility including overall revenue, cost of finance, and ensuring local KPIs for Store, Services, and Digital at Retail are tracking to performance goals. Collaborate with teams to further optimize revenue or adjust planning and execution if necessary.
- Represent Commercial Management at territory trading meetings with supreme knowledge of all market activity including current performance, trends, and outlook.
- Be the market expert with full knowledge and understanding of the business, customers, market conditions (GDP, recession, digital preference), and competitors with a keen ability to identify opportunities and maneuver through challenges and roadblocks.
- Regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours in a global organization.
Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years in the digital industry within market development, commerce, and/or business operations.
- Passionate - Creative and energetic team player who embraces change and a desire to continually improve. Dynamic and flexible – ability to understand and apply expertise to owned territories and market conditions while also being decisive in planning.
- Commercial - Resourceful in finding solutions to business problems. Solid ability to execute on strategic vision with a keen sense to activate tactical initiatives, simultaneously. Innate ability to understand and articulate market performance, analyze, and come to optimized business solutions including tailored promotions and campaigns.
- Data-centric and analytics driven with robust planning skills and commercially focused. Proven ability to interpret, analyze and explain data, identify gaps, and leverage opportunities.
- Agile - Inherent ability in understanding the big picture while executing on tactical initiatives. Ability to thoughtfully develop recommendations to ever-changing market dynamics and conditions. Proven ability in applying various techniques to develop successful market strategies.
- Collaborative - Strong communication skills with a proactive attitude. Delivery focused. Expert in maneuvering through highly matrixed global cross-functional teams. Forward thinking and proven experience in the ability to plan, collaborate, negotiate and come to an optimal business solution.
- Mindful - Experience in working as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones. Flexibility and capacity to collaborate with global counterparts and global business operations.
- Excellent disposition and communication within department, internal, and external stakeholders - from senior leadership executive summaries to detailed information to specialists.
- Experience working in Latin America commerce, preferred but not required.
- Highly proficient in collaboration tools, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.