PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Digital at Retail, Americas
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We're looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. As part of Global Store and Services, the Global Digital at Retail team will be responsible for the digital consumer experiential journey outside of the PlayStation Store, driving revenue through partnerships with retailers, solution partners, and market business operations.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital at Retail, the Manager, Digital at Retail - Americas will be responsible for maximizing revenue through daily management of Integrator (prepaid) and Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) models across North and South America. The Manager, Digital at Retail - Americas will proactively collaborate with global counterparts to plan and action against strategy while working with local Business Operations, Retail, Sales, and Marketing on local market execution. The Manager, Digital at Retail - Americas will also be responsible for territory reporting and optimizing operations and SLAs with partners. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, with strong attention to detail and have an analytical mind that can execute in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee global Digital at Retail strategy and drive revenue through management of Integrator (prepaid) and Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) programs across North and South America.
- Manage the day-to-day operations with Integrator and ESD partners with strong ability to analyze and utilize data in a focused manner to overall strategy as well as tactical initiatives.
- Optimize current and expand Integrator and ESD programs through tailored market solutions in collaboration with local teams including business operations, finance, legal, retail, sales, and marketing.
- Line manager – lead a team to deliver on local strategies and goals while ensuring professional development and performance planning.
- Local reporting responsibility including overall revenue, cost of finance, and ensuring local KPIs for Integrator and ESD are tracking to performance goals. Collaborate with teams to further optimize revenue or adjust planning and execution if necessary.
- Account management with external solution partners and retailers including optimizing operations, SLAs, fees, and margins.
- Lead and/or support Digital at Retail market insights to ensure that each program is best-in-class and provide recommendations to merchandising, promotions, and/or operational improvements.
- Primary stakeholder in defining requirements for tool optimization and improvements. Proven ability to apply policies to process and subsequent workflow requirements and proactively identify dependencies.
- Be the local Digital at Retail expert with full knowledge and understanding of the business, how it influences PlayStation Store and our retail partners with a keen ability to identify opportunities and maneuver through challenges and roadblocks.
- Regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours in a global organization.
Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years in the digital industry within business operations and/or partner management with line manager responsibilities. Solid experience and understanding of the retail environment.
- Passionate - Creative and energetic team player who embraces change and a desire to continually improve.
- Commercial - Resourceful in finding solutions to business problems. Solid ability to execute on strategic vision with a keen sense to activate tactical initiatives, simultaneously. Innate ability to understand digital at retail performance, analyze, articulate global plans and business solutions including tailored promotions and operations. Solid experience in negotiating agreements, commercial terms, and SLAs.
- Collaborative - Strong communication skills with a proactive attitude. Delivery focused. Proven experience in the ability to plan, collaborate, negotiate and come to an optimal business solution.
- Data-centric and analytics with robust planning skills and commercially focused. Data driven with foresight to interpret, provide recommendations, speak to, and act on data. Solid reporting skills.
- Agile - Inherent ability in understanding big picture while executing on tactical initiatives. Ability to thoughtfully develop recommendations to ever-changing market dynamics and retail environment. Proven ability in applying various techniques to develop successful retail strategies to support Global Store and Services.
- Collaborative - Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships. Cross-functional communication and collaboration within department, internal, and external stakeholders. Experience in account management with internal stakeholders and partners. Ability to articulate information widely from senior leadership executive summaries to detailed information to specialists.
- Mindful - Experience in working as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones. Flexibility and capacity to collaborate with global counterparts and global business operations.
- Minimum 4+ years managing a team of focused, dynamic individuals with the foresight to inspire, develop, and lead through performance planning.
- Detail oriented and data driven in decision making including, but not limited to reporting, agreements, and marketing initiatives.
- Excellent disposition, extremely poised, articulate, pragmatic and diplomatic.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and collaboration tools.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.