PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Content Lifecycle
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We’re are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. As part of this, we are creating a Global Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) team who will be responsible for driving the value proposition of the PlayStation Store.
Reporting to the Director, CLM Key Accounts, the Sr. Manager will implement the CLM strategy, focusing on key franchises. They will deliver digital revenue targets via implementation of a joint business planning process and commercial plan. They must work collaboratively, as part of a cross-functional team, to optimise the consumer proposition and deliver key franchise roadmap plans designed to achieve the delivery of shared commercial objectives globally.
The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player, have proven negotiation skills, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of budgeted revenue and digital market share targets through the implementation of joint business planning process for all key franchises, creating shared objectives and financial targets
- Lead and drive the achievement of revenue and digital market share targets for key franchises through the implementation of rolling product lifecycle roadmaps
- Manage the digital monetization of the content portfolio for key franchises and stay in lockstep with counterparts within the CLM team to keep a pulse on portfolio landscape overall and strategize best practices
- Acquire digital promotional content and supporting content that drives CLM’s initiatives
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure alignment with broader platform activities
- Own and ensure the quality of the end-to-end delivery of digital products to consumers throughout the entire lifecycle
- Support the forecasting process and internal/external business performance updates
- Inspire, motivate, and develop the team to achieve outstanding performance
Experience & Skills:
- 8 or more years of digital retail and / or digital entertainment industry experience
- Strong commercial mindset and able to evidence delivery of targets through joint business planning with partners
- Experience of negotiating product deals and offers
- Proven track record of using data to curate and shape portfolio offerings to drive the business
- Proven experience of building strong internal and external relationships and of driving collaborative behaviours within teams
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Results driven with a demonstrable analytical mindset
- Demonstrable track record of successfully growing digital business within relevant international digital marketplace
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humour, and a drive for results
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.