PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
E-Commerce Merchandising Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging the gaming community with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years and continues to evolve with the industry. As a part of this evolution, we are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in working together at the forefront of online retail experiences aimed at exceeding the expectations of the gaming community.
The E-Commerce Merchandising Manager will report to the Director of E-commerce. This role is critical to build and scale the online store capabilities and business operations related to managing store frontend experience and optimizing store conversion rates, especially on web/mobile. The initial focus of this role is outlined below, these will evolve as the business is established, and the organization requirements to form a contributing business unit with PlayStation’s operations, are finalized.
- Create the ultimate single destination for PlayStation customers to shop for PlayStation products by delivering an optimal consumer and retail experience.
- Devise strategies and tactics to maximize the reach and visibility of content and its relevancy to each customer segments, including personalizing content, pricing, and promotions
- Collaborate closely with the Content and Commercial Leads to merchandise content and promotions in the online store with the goal to meet revenue and customer satisfaction goals
- Define and implement personalized experiences in select locations of the online store to establish 1-to-1 marketing interactions with the goal to foster greater customer loyalty and greater ROI
- Work collaboratively with Retail Marketing and SIE Creative teams to create engaging experiences within the online store, including defining a creative asset framework for store banners, and creating custom assets to support key products as well as promotional events
- Collaborate with Product Management on UX store design to bring to market unique e-commerce gaming experiences for customers to engage with the PlayStation brand
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure communications (promotional email, in-cart chat, purchase notifications, order & delivery tracking) are tightly linked with store merchandising strategy
- Proactively identify conversion breakdowns by analyzing data; develop and test methodologies, technologies, or approaches to find potential conversion improvement opportunities
- Partner with the Business Insights & Analytics Lead to establish a framework and approach to optimization of the store
- 8+ years’ experience in B2C e-commerce roles, preferably in media & digital entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Operational experience using Content Management Systems, preferably Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 (CMS, DAM)
- Knowledge of basic HTML, CSS, and Adobe Photoshop
- Extensive track record of using data to influence and inform decisions. Proven ability to draw on many sources of insights and react quickly to new information, opinions and direction
- Proficient with web analytics tools to run reports and analysis, preferably using Adobe Analytics
- Passionate about video games and familiarity with PlayStation products
- Demonstrable expertise and experience of optimizing a digital storefront experience and associated merchandising processes
- Ability to craft system specifications and improvements to be shared with engineering teams. Experience with agile development methodologies and best practices is preferred
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Creative, open-minded leader who is adaptive to change and able to function in a start-up-like dynamic environment, under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with different organizations and teams
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.