PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging the gaming community with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years and continues to evolve with the industry. As a part of this evolution, we are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in working together at the forefront of online retail experiences aimed at exceeding the expectations of the gaming community.
The E-Commerce Manager will report directly to the Director of E-commerce. This role is critical to build and scale the online store capabilities and business operations related to commercial activities. The initial focus of this role is outlined below, these will evolve as the business is established, and the organization requirements to form a contributing business unit with PlayStation’s operations, are finalized.
- Define store offering, pricing, as well as promotional strategies and tactics to drive continued growth while recognizing lifetime value of customer engagement, product life cycle phases & inventory, as well as leveraging events within and outside the online storefront
- Lead with the support of the online store development team, the design and implementation of e-commerce processes & procedures for pricing, currency, and promotions
- Collaborate with product management on developing Pricing and Promotional capabilities that create unique customer propositions, such as exclusive discounts, personalized offers, product bundling, and more
- Identify promotional opportunities via data driven insights. Develop actionable recommendations and present them to management
- Work closely with all digital retail business stakeholders to define and implement a submission pipeline and tools that streamline pricing and promotional activities
- Key operational responsibilities for the role can be grouped as such:
Pricing Policy & Operations
- Define, prioritize and manage pricing policy and operations for all types of PlayStation product types available for purchase from the online storefront.
- Develop, maintain, and adapt storefront pricing strategies in the US (at first) to ensure price competitiveness in local markets
- Lead regular meetings with pricing stakeholders in Finance/Accounting, Business Analytics, Supply Chain, and Retail Marketing to review and assess the status of pricing and inventory level of key products in the online store
- Monitor pricing tools, systems, and performance in the pipeline for publishing content to the online storefront
- Track and triage tool feature requests and provide feedback to the relevant product development team
- Lead online store promotional activities (store sale events, etc.) as assigned by the Director of E-commerce to drive strategic goals for this digital retail business
- Organize key stakeholders in Store-led programs as the key point of contact for the campaign planning and execution process end-to-end
- Optimize customer engagement through leading a variety of key promotions throughout the year, including conducting analysis to build concepts for promotions and support campaign planning
- Channeling sales, traffic, and industry data to advise on new business opportunities
- Forecasting and tracking promotional sales and reporting on campaign effectiveness.
- 8+ years’ experience in B2C e-commerce roles, preferably for a retailer of consumer electronic goods, video game software, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Operational experience using Supply Chain platforms, Commerce tools and Promotional engines, preferably SAP S/4HANA and SAP Commerce Cloud / Hybris
- Experience in establishing pricing & promotional strategies & tactics, and/or operations
- Extensive track record of using data to influence and inform decisions.
- Ability to craft system specifications and improvements to be shared with engineering teams. Experience with agile development methodologies and best practices is preferred
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Creative, open minded leader who is adaptive to change and able to function in a start-up-like dynamic environment, under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with different organizations and teams
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Can maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.