PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Los Angeles, CA Principal Operations Solutions Architect – PlayStation™ Vue
The Principal Operations Solutions Architect is an integral part of the PlayStation™ Vue Operations team. This position works with product, engineering, and operations teams to design and deploy video workflow and services layer systems for the Playstation Vue service. A good candidate will be able to use their extensive knowledge of broadcast video systems and OTT video streaming to gather requirements in order to connect divergent systems into an operations ready platform. Ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of OTT video systems and how high performance will tie to high customer satisfaction.
- Partner with Vue Technical Product and Engineering teams to ensure requirements and compliance for linear and VOD video pipelines
- Work with internal teams to build and deploy features such as; mid-stream advertsiting, cloud DVR and automation for monitoring platforms
- Provide reliable estimates for lead time necessary to develop and execute against functional requirements
- Translate functional requirements into comprehensive technical documentation
- Provide industry knowledge and expertise to PS Vue teams
- Plan, direct and impliment monitoring thresholds and alerting requirnments for new systems
- Work with 24/7 operations teams to ensure new workflows and systems are deployed in a scable and supportable manner
- Develop design and architecture documentation for training purposes
- Work collaboritavely to establish a stable, repeatable process for working within a cross-functional team to deliver new products and features
- Provide consulting to internal CDN and storage teams to build a video specfic delivery networkd
- Mentor other team members to raise technical competence level of the group
- Travel to Vue office locations will be necessary
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending technical conferences, workshops and tradeshows
- Work with other senior technical leadership within SIE to deliver new video delivery products to market
- Communicate our work and successes to leadership teams
- Will report to Vue Operations Team
- 10+ years experience
- Experience in the MVPD or vMVPD space, or within TV | Studio | Entertainment Industry preferred
- Understanding of multicast video delivery and CDN and origin infrastructure
- Ability to translate complex requirements for the delineation of distinct customer groups into executable data systems
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial drive; proven ability to think big and influence others
- Self-starter with a bias for action; can make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Enjoy getting your hands dirty in day-to-day troubleshooting tasks and working in ambiguous environments
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.