PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Contract Interaction Designer - 6 month contract
San Francisco, CA
Are you ready to do the best work of your life? Is every project an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of users and improve your abilities? Do you want to own the experience from concept through implementation? Then join us as we redefine what it means to experience content on the PlayStation® platform.
As a Designer at PlayStation, you will play a key role in shaping the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. You will collaborate directly with a talented cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, and business partners to ideate, communicate and define experiences that both delight users and support our growing business.
While this role is located in the heart of San Francisco’s SoMa district, you will be part of the larger SONY global design group, collaborating with designers both locally and globally to elevate the design practice across the organization while being exposed to emerging technologies.
As a Designer in this role, You Will
- Design the end-to-end user experience of an internal tool that facilitates design collaboration
- Conduct user research to develop a deep understanding of PlayStation’s cross-functional needs
- Create design deliverables that may include, but are not limited to, wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, user journey maps, visual design assets, and prototypes
- Help define product requirements, roadmaps and design principles for programs and initiatives including providing feedback and direction during the product life cycle
- Participate in formative and evaluative research with our research team to better understand users and gauge the effectiveness of new and existing product solutions
- Work closely with product management, engineering, design, and other stakeholders located around the world throughout the product cycle to define UX goals and the user experience
- Adapt to the growing needs of our users in an Agile environment.
- Build design solutions that are informed by stakeholder needs, validated by user feedback, and integrate into a long-term vision.
You’ll Be a Great Fit If You
- Want to help create amazing experiences for an amazing brand (and enjoy fun office events for product releases, holidays and hobbies)
- Bring a strong sense of empathy and a user-centric approach to design and are able to marry that with business goals
- Have a portfolio showing compelling and quality interface design
- Have an interest or experience with emerging technologies in TV, web, mobile, and other devices (knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries is a plus)
- Have designed for a global audience in multiple languages, ideally using some form of the agile process (enterprise experience would be nice, but not required)
- Are excited to work with teams in San Francisco, Tokyo and Los Angeles and want to collaborate as part of a cross-functional team
- Are into the micro-interactions that help make an experience enjoyable for our users
- Think a little clarity in the process is a good thing and a little openness in requirements leaves room for innovation
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.