PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Manager, Account and Identity
San Francisco OR San Diego, CA
The PlayStation Product Management Group is charged with delivering next-generation gaming experiences to PlayStation customers around the world. We are looking for a Product Manager to help provide PlayStation customers a seamless and smooth experience across all PlayStation services and partner applications which utilize the account system of the PlayStation Network.
Based in downtown San Francisco (SoMa) or San Diego (Rancho Bernardo), you will work as part of the Product Management team, in close collaboration with the Product Managers for both the Console Platform and Network Platform to define and deliver world-class, cross-channel experiences that deliver significant business value and delight customers.
The Product Manager will lead end-to-end planning, development and delivery of company products and experiences.
- Envisioning and defining strategy for enhanced experiences for gamers and partners formed from a basis in experience, research, and data analysis
- Breaking down complex business problems into simple functional requirements for technical analysis
- Identifying and driving integrations of Account Management experiences onto various company products
- Measuring positive impacts to the PlayStation platform and services, including overall customer satisfaction, affinity and engagement for product offerings
- Working with globally distributed internal partners to develop a competitive roadmap for technology products and assess prioritization on the backlog.
- Defining software product requirements documentation and functional specifications for features and application enhancements.
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to identify optimal customer-centric solutions, create end-user prototypes and deliver design specifications for technical implementation.
- Preparing use cases for technical implementation and functionality testing to ensure implementation meets business requirements.
- Develop customer insights through appropriate data and user research for analysis.
- Validating user software needs by evaluating competing factors including business and data projections, engineering costs and user test results.
- Analyzing market and data trends for PlayStation’s products and sharing analysis findings on user research and industry trends to shape product strategy and direction.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience with progressively increased responsibility in product management of software, services, and/or platforms
- Experience defining, prioritizing, managing and releasing large-scale consumer products
- Understanding of user account and identity systems with direct management and integration experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse set of globally distributed stakeholders and project team members (UX designers, engineers, managers, business teams, etc)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with proven ability to break down complex business problems into concise functional requirements
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without direct management oversight
- Flexibility to travel for key stakeholder meetings
- Prior experience working in a technical capacity is a strong plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.