PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer, Observability (Back End)
San Francisco, CA
Our backend infrastructure spans continents and is designed to provide low latency and always up experiences as it is expected in the gaming world. Intrigued? Read on.
Understanding what is happening on the PlayStation ecosystem is not an easy task. Millions of users are using our services and devices every second, and making sure their experience flawless is the highest priority for us. Our Observability team is currently in the process of rethinking how we approach end-to-end monitoring, and we would love you to join us on this exciting journey.
As a critical member of the team you will:
Be empowered to design and implement our new end-to-end observability stack.
Own one the most critical pieces of the infrastructure which is required to be higher available than our production services.
Learn how the most successful gaming platform on the planet operates and help us to push limits of what is possible.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and delivery-oriented environment, love open culture, working with people from different cultures and company-wide hackathons (PlayStation Classic was born during one of them) and want to be in the front row, we want to talk to you.
Things about you:
- Programming proficiency in at least one of the languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Go). You strive to write beautiful code, and you're comfortable working in a variety of tech stacks.
- 8 + years software development experience
- You love working with data, be it data gathering, moving, analytics or machine learning.
- You are a top performer who is never satisfied with the status quo.
- You're biased for action, but not stubborn. You admit when you're wrong and move past your own mistakes.
- You take responsibility for your work, which includes running it in production and fixing when it is broken.
Things about us:
- We run multiple clusters of Kafka, Spark
- We utilize serverless technologies like Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB.
- We use multiple tools for data storing: S3, Redshift, Druid, Cassandra.
- We deploy on both AWS EC2s and K8S.
- We move fast and don’t break things.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.