PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer, Intelligence Platform (Back End)
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
Sony Interactive Entertainment is developing an intelligence platform that will power the PlayStation Network. The Senior Software Engineer role will help architect, design, and develop our mission critical content delivery platform. Come help shape the future of the world’s largest gaming, immersive interaction and entertainment content distribution platform!
- Design and develop real-time distributed systems to deliver personalized content across the PlayStation network
- End to end ownership of the development process; from working with product requirements to go-to-market strategy
- Identify performance bottlenecks and build solutions for them
- Build highly available and performant systems
- Design, implement, ship and maintain highly visible consumer-facing features
- Tackle scalability issues with innovative technologies
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Experience developing high scale, distributed systems
- Expertise in Java, C# or Go
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Ability to conduct technical deep dives into the code, cloud networking, deployments, and architecture, and work closely with product
Nice to have:
- Ad-tech platform experience
- Experience working with Kafka
Your first 90 days:
In 30 days, you will have developed a basic understanding of the intelligence platform tech stack and infrastructure. You will have contributed to small features in the codebases and worked closely with the team to get up to speed with team processes. We will focus on making sure you have all the tools to succeed.
In 60 days, you will have a good grasp of different parts of the platform and are able to propose changes to improve it. You will work with your team to come up with designs, and started developing.
In 90 days, you will know the intelligence platform in detail and are comfortable tackling large features and delivering them in a timely manner. You would have worked closely with product and got a deep understanding of the roadmap and began design and development of large end to end solutions.
Do you want to tackle this new challenge? Apply Now!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.