PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior AWS Software Engineer/ Java
San Mateo, CA
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team to augment our bandwidth at this important stage of our AWS Cloud Migration process. Are you passionate about DevOps, Software Engineering and Continuous Delivery? Do you like solving complex problems and finding solutions that scale appropriately in large, high-traffic environments? Are you comfortable working with a broad spectrum of software & services? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
You’ll own end-to-end design, development, availability and reliability of our critical cloud services. You will work on proactively identifying the factors impacting the availability of our critical endpoints, and engineering solutions to ensure the reliability of those services. You go deep into cloud technologies and extend the limits of existing infrastructure to solve unique scaling and efficiency problems. You should be comfortable and knowledgeable troubleshooting issues, and interested in developing tools to automate that knowledge.
- Design, develop, and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability, high availability, capacity, and latency of Playstation Partner services
- Continuously deliver features that meet acceptance criteria such as build quality, unit tests, integration tests, application logging, and security.
- Work with distributed teams to ensure that components are properly developed, documented, instrumented to be reliably used, monitored, and debugged.
- Mentor junior developers
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS ·
- Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field
- 5+ years in a development
- 2+ years of experience developing and supporting AWS services, infrastructure and topologies
- Strong knowledge of both scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go etc..) and high level programming languages (such as Java and PHP)
- You can adapt the role of developer to modern DevOps.
- You have worked with security requirements and compliance with infrastructure, incident response, forensics and cloud architecture
- Familiar with REST principles.
- Experience evaluating systems for network, memory, and CPU performance
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge and understanding of network theory and concepts such as TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, and load balancing
- Understanding of distributed systems and how to deal with very large datasets
- Experience with container technologies like Docker, rkt, and containerd
- Ability to articulate complex architectures to non-technical audiences
- Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability
- Is a AWS certified Solutions Architect
- Familiarity with container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
- Familiarity with provisioning tools like Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with databases like RDS Postgres and search technology like Elasticsearch
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.