Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Narrative Implementer to integrate dialogue and cutscenes into our levels that set the bar for the PS4. This individual will work side by side with our Level Design, Systems Design, Cinematics and Engineering teams, supporting innovative and ambitious content through solving scripting, workflow and implementation problems.
As a Narrative Implementer, you must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with design, art and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems. You have a CS and/or scripting background, and have likely worked on small student or personal projects, if not a shipped commercial game. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Work closely with the level designers and narrative designers to create cinematic sequences and interactive narrative moments.
- Implement narrative moments and dialog, taking direction from the Game Director, Narrative Director and Lead Writer.
- Participate constructively in production and design meetings and discussions.
- Interpret, respect and support the creative direction of the Game Director, Narrative Director and Lead Writer.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines (such as sound and cinematics) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Build content using visual and text-based scripting, in Lua and Maya as well as using in-house tools.
- The position also involves debugging technical issues, collaborating with audio and animation departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience creating and implementing narrative systems.
- Experience with game editors and scripting languages.
- Completing a Computer Science, Game Development or related degree.
- Ability to work with code-based proprietary tools.
- Understanding of game production, design tools and systems.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.