PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Finance Governance and Compliance Manager
San Mateo, CA
This position is the key liaison and support for business users and application functional teams focusing on finance governance, such as SAP security and SOX compliance activities, including segregation of duty analysis and creating and tracking of mitigation assignments and activities. The position ensures that a high level of service is provided to internal customers in the business units and is the technical subject matter expert for SOD (Segregation of Duty) separation and related mitigation activities within Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC). This position has key relationships with Business Unit Controllers; internal and external auditors; the SAP Security team; and SAP functional role owners (Finance, Sales, Operations). Effective communication and technical leadership is critical to the success of this role. Candidates must be able to fluently speak both technical and business language interchangeably.
The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Overall responsible for managing the GRC and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance programs.
- Perform various SOX compliance activities on behalf of management, such as risk assessment, scoping, and design, documentation, and implementation of internal controls
- Act as the primary liaison between external and internal auditors and finance management, including the coordination of audit requests and SOX testing activities.
- Oversee SAP user access risk management from a business perspective.
- Proactively develop methods to monitor on-going compliance to the SOD requirements by leveraging SAP GRC reporting and ensure the business units understand the risk profile and documents related mitigation activities.
- Perform trend analysis on problems; work to identify, document, troubleshoot, report and/or resolve security compliance issues with Security team and the business users.
- Work with internal customers to resolve problems and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Develop and maintain documentation to support finance compliance requirements.
- Assist in other financial governance projects, as requested, such as the implementation of new technical standards or other internal improvement initiatives.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and six years of experience in both accounting/controls
- Prior experience in managing or auditing finance processes and IT systems for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Prior experience with SAP GRC application as part of SOX compliance function
- Ability to work, take ownership, and succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management from the supported business units and external auditors
- Strong project management and organization skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.