PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, HRIS
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation’s HR team is looking for an experienced Sr. Manager, HR Systems professional who will play a key role in our launch of Workday and other HRIS systems at our offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
These systems launches are a critical part of PlayStation’s operations. A successful candidate can successfully collaborate with a small but mighty global HRIS team while coordinating with stakeholders throughout the company at all stages of the projects.
If you enjoy working on high-profile projects that improve the experience of employees around the world and are a core part of PlayStation’s continued success, we invite you to apply. Thank you in advance for your interest in PlayStation.
- Direct and participate in the optimization, design, development and performance of Workday and related business data and processes, including developing business requirements and documentation for technology-related solutions to optimize HR processes.
- Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts from other PlayStation departments and operational teams to address and provide solutions to business needs.
- Oversee the optimization of efficient business process strategies for end-to-end HR processes to achieve efficiency, productivity and improved governance and controls.
- Oversee and participate in the execution of system changes (updates, enhancements) and all aspects of system testing.
- Guide and oversee the work of employees, consultants and project teams related to Workday initiatives.
- Provide end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and escalation management.
- Ownership of business configuration and point solutions/Workday modules where configurations do not impact other functions. This includes configuration of Workday processes including HCM, Compensation, Onboarding and Self Service, and thorough knowledge transfer taking over ongoing basic day-to-day Workday configuration.
- Be a trusted advisor. Partner with senior business leaders to understand their operational issues and opportunities (business processes), and create automated solutions to scale business operations and ensure compliance. Ownership of coordinating the documentation of scenarios and conducting the standard testing methodology.
- Act as the HRIS resource in HR to manage all HR applications on a worldwide basis (e.g., Workday, PeopleFluent, etc.). Provide leadership and ensure process effectiveness for prioritizing system enhancements, new functionality, etc.
- Partner with co-workers in HR, IT and other global teams and cross-functional stakeholders to define business requirements and translate business needs into multi-year and tactical system implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling and resource planning.
- Manage global HR data with a focus on data quality and driving improvements to provide efficient, effective and compliant HR services. Own data quality and ongoing data improvements to deliver accurate and reliable workforce data with corresponding workforce reporting and analytics. Utilize the EIB Mass upload tool in Workday, as necessary.
- Ensure documentation and processes are in place to satisfy audit requirements.
- Manage data integrity in systems by developing audit processes to analyze and identify data issues.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ Workday experience; 4+ years in a supervisory/management role
- Significant experience with Workday: HCM, Onboarding, Benefits, Compensation, Talent, Absence
- Experience working with HR functional HR and business operations teams in the development and implementation of technical solutions that enhance efficiencies and performance, preferably Workday, PeopleSoft, PeopleFluent
- Expert knowledge of configuring Workday processes, configuring HR systems and processes, security, compensation and performance management and data load procedures
- Extensive knowledge of HR products and services and awareness of HR strategy around talent identification, attraction, engagement and retention
- Verbal, written and interpersonal skills needed to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- An operations mindset, coupled with innovative thinking and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, specifically vlookups, pivot tables and advanced formulas
- Experience with auditing/validating large data sets from disparate systems, and HR Operational Management experience, including compliance
- Excellent project management skills and a strong operational focus
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and local labor and employment laws
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.