PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
DevOps Engineer (Contract Position)
San Diego, CA
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to find solutions
- Build and maintain web apps and open-source libraries.
- Write high-quality code, ensuring excellence with unit tests
- Document design and implementation
- Collaborate with other developers, testers, project managers, product managers, and project sponsors.
- Communicate tasking estimation and progress regularly to a project manager through appropriate tools.
- For some projects, work in an agile-like, iterative development process.
- Identify and document issues as they arise
- Design tests to confirm functionalities and enhancements
- Submit and manage bug reports using internal systems
- Communicate with the team to ensure bugs are fully addressed
- Work with the team to continuously and proactively improve software performance
- Escalate software issues as needed
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience.
- Systems engineering background in Linux is a plus
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or information systems preferred.
- Familiarity with:
- AWS-Orchestration and deployment
- Nginx, Apache
- Able to work during normal US business hours onsite as the job requires collaboration with other team members.
- Proficient in the following: PHP, Golang, Perl, Java, Groovy, Ansible
- Proficient with version control and effective collaborative development workflows.
- Able to quickly fix bugs and solve problems in large, complex apps.
- Design-minded attention to detail in user interface implementation.
- Back-end development and database experience considered a plus.
- Experience with implementing error-handling and error logging
- Passion for learning new technologies balanced with strong pragmatic thinking.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.