PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategic Planning and Development Manager
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation is seeking a Strategic Planning and Development Manager for the Office of the Chairman of Worldwide Studios at our San Mateo, CA location. This position will report to the Director, Strategic Planning and Development and assist with planning and business development activities that support the growth of Worldwide Studios at Sony.
- Assist in developing a long-term strategy with leadership teams
- Support the development, documentation and communication of Worldwide Studios’ strategy
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans designed to increase existing business and capture new opportunities
- Perform research to identify new business opportunities to support Worldwide Studios’ business expansion into new areas
- Evaluate opportunities across the industry, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Provide financial support to aid the Chairman of Worldwide Studios in business development decisions, including raising external and internal capital
- Create and own complex financial models to support key strategic decisions
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for leadership team
- Stay apprised of broader industry developments and key business metrics
- Oversee and manage a variety of projects
- BA/BS in business, finance, mathematics or related field; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a strategic planning, business development, investment banking and/or strategic consulting
- Strong data analysis and financial modeling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality a must
- Familiarity with the video game and/or entertainment industries a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.