PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Corporate Communications Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Corporate Communications Manager will develop and manage key communication strategies at Sony Interactive Entertainment, the company responsible for the PlayStation family of products and services. This role is responsible for developing engaging content across several platforms for internal and external audiences. Examples include developing articles and videos for our award-winning intranet platform, creating, editing and distributing email communications and developing content for external audiences including press, analysts, and potential employees.
The position necessitates strong written communications skills – bilingual in Japanese is a plus but not a requirement. This role also requires a great deal of discretion and a willingness to be collaborative across multiple departments and regions.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Journalism or English and has 10 years of work experience in a corporate environment. Experience in consumer products or the video game industry is also a plus.
All candidates are encouraged to include a writing sample.
- Develop high quality and interesting content for the intranet and external sites
- Work closely with agency partners to develop programs and content
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to support company initiatives
- Provide analysis of internal communications initiatives by measuring engagement and effectiveness
- Understand communication tools and best practices for enterprise internal communications
- Complete projects with minimal supervision and direction, and keep the Corporate Communications team up-to-date on various programs.
- Ten years of work experience, including at least 5 in a corporate communications or internal communications function
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong background in written communications, project management and data analytics.
- Interest in the gaming and entertainment industries.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Business Administration, or Journalism.
- very strong communicator- both written and verbal
- has HTML and WordPress skills
- is experienced working in complex corporate organizations and/or consumer facing brands
- is willing to take feedback and grow into having greater responsibility
- is cautious and discreet
- has a passion for PlayStation products and the community
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.