PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
San Francisco, CA
PlayStation software engineering group is looking for a top notch senior Devops Engineer in Cloud engineering and operation team
We are proud of our open work culture. Our primary asset is our great team of talented engineers, and technically minded managers. We have cool technology and interesting growth projects ahead. You are expected to have full input and ownership in many projects and areas. We encourage sharing of ideas, and are open and willing to incorporate new ones. We maintain a fun, supportive, open, encouraging culture where engineering is trusted and empowered to perform at their best.
As a devops engineer in Cloud Engineering and operation group, s/he should demonstrate the ability to work efficiently with large-scale systems. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills, attention to details and high focus on uptime and system scalability.
- Experience with operations in AWS services ( S3, IAM, CFN, AMI, VPC and Private Link)
- Experience in helping Production Java, golang, Scala and Python applications
- Expertise in the automation and configuration tools Chef and Ansible
- Working experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Strong experience in scripting languages Python, Bash and other scripting languages
- Proven experience in adding valuable automation to problem areas
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to success in highly-dynamic environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- You will look at each operational task as an opportunity to automate
- Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web services
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Testing or monitoring framework development
- Self-driven to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (resilient to hazards of “analysis paralysis”)
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.